Saturday, June 27, 2009

What I learned today.

What a wonderful day we had today. This morning Travis made our favorite breakfast, banana nut pancakes! Yum! We noticed several months ago there was a pancake recipe on the back of the muffin package and thought we would try it. It is so yummy that we don't make banana nut muffins anymore. We always have pancakes! You have got to try them!

This afternoon the girls and I went to a Bridal shower for a dear friend. We had a great time seeing her so happy and surrounded by friends and family. She is a great girl and we are so happy for her.

This evening the girls and I went to the neighborhood pool. I love taking the girls but always hate the thought of putting a swim suit. You ladies know what I am talking about. The dreaded thoughts of "Do I look too fat?", "Will there be a young mom that looks great after having her kids?" I have these thoughts every time I go. Then, tonight, after everyone left and it was just us in the pool being silly doing water aerobics, I realized. My girls love me for who I am. They don't care if I am a few pounds heavier than I was before I had them or that my stomach is not flat like it used to be. They love it that I am there, swimming with them, having fun.

They will remember having pancakes, celebrating with a friend and going swimming. Not that I am no longer a size 4.
What did you learn today.

No comments:

Post a Comment