Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A couple of recipes

Since we started out fast I have been searching for some recipes that fit within the limits of our fast. I have gotten some from friends and tried some things on my own. Some worked, some went down the disposal, and some where ok.
A friend here at work sent me a link to a blog where the lady has tons of recipes that fit within the Daniel fast guidelines so I thought I would share it with you. Even if you are not fasting but are wanting to eat healthier, you should check it out. It is called "Those Who Hunger" Go Here to check it out.

The best thing I have made so far is a veggie chili. I got the recipe from our pastor's wife. Although my husband will not call it chili because it does not contain meat. It was absolutely yummy!!

Here is the recipe. I am going to make it again after the fast and put in some chicken.

Veggie chili serves 6-8

2Tbsp. Oil
1 Large onion (chopped)
1 Large Zucchini (chopped)

Saute the onion and Zucchini in the oil (I waited a few minutes to add the Zucchini so it would stay crisp)

1sm can green chilies
1 can corn
1 15oz can Tomato Sauce
1 Can red kidney beans (including juice)
1 Can black beans (including juice)
3 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
* salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic to taste

*add all ingredients to a 3 quart saucepan, heat for 30 minutes
Don't worry if you don't have cumin or balsamic vinegar. You can add a little sprinkle of Cayenne pepper or what other spice you like.

Let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment